Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 9 of 31 for 21 - Organizing Time

Having 6 kids can really be time consuming.  Cameron is such a happy kid and so easy going, I'm always afraid that he may not get the time and attention he deserves because I'm so busy with the other kids.  I hear of other parents of children with Down Syndrome who say their child doesn't mind when they are busy.  My concern is that my child might be bothered by it but just doesn't complain because that is his nature.

At the beginning of each month I make a list of things that have to be accomplished by the end of the month.  I then break it down over the following weeks trying not to overload weeks filled with appointments.  Then I assign the things to my easiest days to keep life as simple as possible.  It's not fool proof but at least it helps me organize my time where I have time for all the kids and all they have going.  I never want the kids to think I don't have time for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment