Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 3 of 31 for 21 - Heart Break

Today was another one of those days with our neighbor.  We have someone that lives near us that is far from accepting of my children.  Rude comments are made often, complaints even more often.

One day Cameron was playing in the backyard pretending to build his house.  He had a plastic hammer and banging on his plastic playhouse.  The shouts started over the fence to make him stop and take him inside.  There have been comments about Cameron "grunting again" when he's just trying to talk to me.  Now today Cameron was singing and pretending to play a guitar and then a drum.  He loves to sing and dance.  So what is said, "How long is he going to do it this time.  Can't you control that kid at ALL?"

My heart breaks because I know this isn't the only time my son is going to experience this in his life.  He can't help he was born with an extra chromosome.  I just hope he always realizes I am SO incredibly glad he was.  He is such an incredible person because of it.  When someone gives him a chance, he always melts their hearts.  He has so much love to give and brings smiles to everyone's face that spends time with him.  How anyone could treat him so cruelly I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment